In order for children of any age to receive medication while at school or on a school-sponsored activity, a licensed health care provider's Order for Medication form must be completely filled out and returned to the school. This applies to prescription medication as well as over-the-counter medication such as Tylenol, cough drops, etc. Medication must be brought to school by an adult and be in the original pharmacy container showing the student's name and dosage. Medication order forms expire at the end of each school year. If you have any questions about medication at school, please contact us.

If your child has a life-threatening condition, please refer to CKSD Policy 3413 for what is required before your student may attend school.

Forms For Diabetic Students

Engrossed Substitute Senate Bill (ESSB) 6641 requires schools to prepare an individual health plan for each diabetic student and update it annually.  In order to accomplish this for our diabetic students, we ask that you complete the following forms:

  1. Physician’s Order for Medication at School

  2. Authorization to Exchange Information Form

Forms 1 requires your physician’s signature.  If your child is responsible for self-administration of insulin, please ask your physician to note that on the medication order.  Both forms require your signature. After the forms are completed, please return them to Health Services at the address below.  The school nurse at your child’s school will contact you to develop a diabetic management plan.